The Kitchen Party - Folk and Roots Music on WIUS AM 1570 (www.wius.org) Bloomington, IN

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Kitchen Party - Nov. 21 show

Hello faithful KP listeners!

I'm writing you from Washington, DC, where I'm taking a short pre-Thanksgiving holiday. But fear not! For Kitchen Party will be on tomorrow night with my trusty substitute, Mona. Mona was on with me this summer for our classical music program, "The Thom and Mona Show." She'll be playing some recent discs I've gotten, including lots of new bluegrass and a cool bagpipe disc by Roddy MacDonald on Greentrax Records. The Archives segment which feature songs by Applachian musicians and interviews with coal miners and residents of villages in West Virginia. Thanks to Falling Mountain Music for sending me their recent disc called "Moving Mountains" highlighting the practice of mountaintop removal by the coal companies. Clean coal may be in the future, but clean rivers are nicer.

I'll be back after the break with more Kitchen Party--particularly Christmas music by the Blind Boys of Alabama and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Google
WWW YOUR DOMAIN NAME